A FEW IDEAS FOR YOUR CLUB TO KICK OFF THE SCHOOL YEAR
Please give your local schools a call BEFORE you try out one of these ideas or one of your own. Find out what the school needs! Don’t forget the Middle Schools!
• Donate school supplies to schools in need throughout your community. Supplies can include: notebooks, pencils, small dry erase boards and markers, a hole punch, flash drives, paper towels, Kleenex, and incentives such as stickers and small toys.
• Preschools and Head Start Programs are always in need of a variety of manipulatives such as magnetic letters, counters, and sight word games. Collect these at your first meeting in September or August with a Back to School Party theme.
• Ask your school librarian about their needs. Many times it is the school library funds that are cut from school budgets.
• Provide materials for an afterschool homework center.
• Contact the arts department chairman to see if you club can sponsor an arts project or a piece of music for the Fall or Winter concert.
• Drop off bottles of water or Gatorade to the local marching band’s band camp.
• Treat teachers throughout the school year with these special gifts: (Don’t forget to include your club’s name phone number and how to join!.)
• A gift card to a local coffee shop that reads: “Thanks a Latte for all you do!”
• A small hand lotion bottle at the beginning of the year with a tag that reads: “Hope you have a SMOOTH year!”
If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me!
Hollie Stevenson, Chairman
2016-2018 EDUCATION COMMUNITY SERVICE PROGRAM
724-991-6121 or email@example.com